After Shah Rukh and Sanjay Leela Bhansali in Dilwale and Bajirao Mastani for Christmas 2015 and Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan for Eid 2016, it’s now another unexpected unscheduled clash of biggies on September 4 when the long awaited remake of Subhash Ghai’s Hero directed by Nikhil Advani, will take on Anees Bazmee’s Welcome Back, the sequel to the successful film.
Salman Khan who is the producer of Hero is said to be miffed with Anees for what he feels is an invasion of his, Salman’s territory.
But Anees has another story to tell.
Says the Welcome Back director, “We had no idea about Salmanbhai’s plans. After we heard that Vikas Bahl’s Shaandaar was being postponed we quickly moved in. We had been on the look-out for a window for our film. We checked to see if any other film was moving into the vacated September 4 slot. We were not aware of Salmanbhai’s plans until we saw his tweet announcing Hero.”
Interestingly both the films’ release have been postponed at least 5 times in the last six months. Both the films jumped into the vacated September 4 slot unaware of the other film’s plan after Vikas Bahl moved ahead to October 22.
Will one of them move out?
Anees feels there is room for both the films. “Hero and Welcome Back are very different films. I feel there is room for both.”
As far as Salman being upset is concerned, Anees can’t afford to have the superstar go into the sulk mode. The director is all set to make No Entry Mein Entry with Salman Khan in 2016.
Originally posted here: