Mumbai: The Mumbai sessions court on Wednesday convicted Salman Khan of culpable homicide in a 2002 hit-and-run case.
The court said all charges against the actor have been proven.
Khan was accused of driving his Toyota Land Cruiser into a group of homeless men sleeping rough in suburban Mumbai after spending the evening in an upmarket bar.
One man was killed and several others were injured in the incident.
The trial began in earnest last year after a series of court hearings and legal hold-ups.
A string of prosecution witnesses, including survivors of the crash, have testified that Khan was driving the vehicle when it ploughed at speed into the men sleeping on the street near a bakery in September 2002.
When 49-year-old Khan finally took the stand in March, he pleaded not guilty and told the court that his driver was responsible for mounting the pavement in the upmarket suburb of Bandra West.
The driver testified in court last month that he had been behind the wheel, and that the crash occurred after the front left tyre burst, making steering and braking difficult.
But a constable attached to Khan’s security detail said in his statement to police that the drunk actor lost control of the car while driving at about 90 kph (55 mph).
AFP contributed to this story.
See more here: